Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bargain Shopping for the Stylish Conscience

This one is definitely a Wow-WAO (What An Offer)!

It's like ukay-ukay without that distinct pungent smell or a garage sale without a garage. They call it Segunda Mana Charity Store by Caritas Manila and the best thing about it is that you get to help poor people while shopping for fabulous items! My mom had been convincing me for weeks to check it out and finally, I did today! 

The mechanics of Segunda Mana is quite simple:
1. Rich people, garment companies, embassies, and concerned citizens donate their old, new, or surplus items.
2. You buy it at a super low price (P50-P150) *gowns cost P300
3. Proceeds fund the pro-poor programs of Caritas Manila!

It's like a cycle of good karma. REDUCE closet/warehouse clutter, REUSE clothes, RECYCLE kindness!

So I gave myself a spending ceiling of P500 and here's what I bought for only P100 each!

1. Black Cotton Eyelet Dress
Condition: New
Original Price (as stated on the tag): P4,850
Trivia: This one doesn't fit me but it's so fab I had to buy it! (Magpapapayat na lang ako)

2. White Linen Cotton Button-down Polo
Condition: Used (pero mukhang nilabhan sa Tide kasi super puti pa)

3. Black Polyester Cotton Dress
Condition: New
Original Price (as stated on the tag): P4,850
Trivia: This one is so nice but my camera phone does not give justice to this dress

4. Long Coat
Condition: Used
Trivia: Bonggang bongga sa tunay na buhay! 

5. Black Sandals
Condition: New
Trivia: It's new, it doesn't have scratches and it fits! Parang himala.

The branch I visited is located on the 3rd floor of the Victory Central Mall in Monumento, Caloocan City. But for those who find Caloocan too far (to the point na hindi mo na ma-find), they also have branches at Makati Cinema Square, Harrison Plaza, Starmall, Sta. Lucia Mall and Pandacan.



For more information, log on to www.caritasmanila.org.ph.

No comments:

Post a Comment